Friday, March 2, 2012

Up Close: Clarisse Libene of Bellebene

Clairisse Libene of Bellebene
This week Clarisse Libene of bellebene was gracious enough to answer a few questions regarding the upcoming Natural Hair Academy she's sponsoring. Featuring Felicia Leatherwood of Loving Your Hair With Natural Care, Jane Carter and other notable hair experts, this rare event is taking place in Paris on April 1. As a new naturalista, I cannot tell you how excited I am about attending this workshop. Here's what she told me.

BHIP: When and why did you decide to do the Natural Academy workshop with Felicia Leatherwood?

CL: When I saw the videos of Felicia's Natural Hair workshop, I knew we would have to work together. I created the concept of Afro Hair Academy in Paris since 2010 and it is pretty much the same. Coaching, giving tips and advices and teaching women of color to embrace the beauty of their natural hair texture. I am a real fan of Felicia as a hair artist and as a person and wanted my French girls to meet her.

BHIP: Is this the first time Felicia has done this event with you in Paris?

CL:Yes it is our first time together!

BHIP: Who do you expect to attend - women who are transitioning? Full naturalistas? Hair stylists? Beauticians?

CL: Mostly women who are transitioning, relaxed women and full naturalistas. Most of the people who already took their tickets and called us told us the same thing wether they are natural or not: they cannot find the right routine to take care of their hair. We will be here to help!

BHIP: What do you hope participants will walk away with?

CL: Tips and advice of course but mostly confidence in the beauty of their hair. This is my major goal and I hope Felicia and I will be able to do that.

BHIP: Will you do more workshops like this in the future? If so, when is the next one?

CL: Well, with the opening of our flagship store in Paris, we had to postpone the next academies in our agenda. We pretty much expect to have another event in the summer.

BHIP: I have to ask you about bellebene.com. I've just discovered the site and I love it! Why did you launch it? Has it been successful? I would think so. There is indeed a need!

CL: Hey, thank you. I created the blog nearly four years ago when I decided to go natural. At the time, all the resource about natural hair was on American blogs and youtube channels, we did not have anything for us in France. So I decided to test products I could not find here, and give advice. Hair is really a passion for me. and then, the creation of an online store came a bit as something logical. We were the first to carry Miss Jessies or Jane carter in France. The website is meeting a larger audience each year and we are really happy about that. I means that what we do is helpful.



The Natural Hair Academy Details:

Date:
Sunday April 1, 2012
Time: 12 noon until 4:30 pm.
Workshop: 12-2pm
Cocktail and products, photos questions/answer session: 2pm-4:30pm
Place: Peniche Alize, port de la Rapee 75012 Paris - Metro Gare de Lyon

Contact:
contact@ak-a.fr This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
More information:
www.facebook.com/Natural.Hair.Academy.Paris
and on www.bellebene.com/html/naturalhairacademy

Buy your ticket here:http://parisnaturalhairacademy.eventbrite.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment