Saturday, February 18, 2012

Salon Review: Maria Dolores Institute


Maria Dolores Institute-photo by Maria Dorlores
A reader from my Anglophone webzine  Prissy Mag gave me this recommendation: Maria Dolores Institute. I previously had no knowledge of this salon. I had no idea it existed.

Maria is Dominican and has been living in Paris for several years. African-Americans coming from NYC especially know that Dominicans "can really do some hair" as my girlfriend would say. The salon is conveniently located in Le Maris. It's small but completely adequate and well organized. The atmosphere is professional but also relaxed, especially when it comes to the music. You'll be snapping your fingers and singing along in Spanish. The thing I most appreciate is that as soon as you arrive at your RDV you are taken care of. You have no time to read a magazine. You are in and out in one hour if you have a shampoo. If you get a conditioner, it's 90 minutes tops. Maria's hair products include: Alter Ego Italy and Sebastian, Loreal and Mizani.

The lady who washed my hair was thorough and asked questions and gave good hair advice. The lady who blew-out my hair was quick and effective. Prices are extremely reasonable too: around 35 euros for a wash, with a conditioner around 52 euros.

Bottom Line: A very good address.


Address:
167, rue Saint Martin
Paris 3rd arroindisement
Metro: Rambuteau (ligne 11)
Metro: Etienne Marcel (ligne 4)
Telephone: 01 42 76 07 90



No comments:

Post a Comment